Campus Recreation jobs are some of the best jobs on campus. With flexible hours, a great work environment, ability to work outside, travel opportunities, advancement opportunities and pay rate that is better than most work study jobs, working for Rec Sports is truly the best opportunity on campus.
The Recreation Program is currently taking applications for those looking to become a part of the team. No prior experience is necessary, all training is included prior to working.
Enforces appropriate rules and regulations for each specific sport or event, conducts contest in a professional manner, maintains professional attitude and appearance with employees, participants and spectators, works positively with other assigned Intramural Sports personnel, and maintains a safe environment for all participants. No experience necessary, training is provided. Evening and weekend hours required.
- Interest in sports
- Good decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of rules or a willingness to learn
- Assist in the coordination of events on game day
- Assist with set up and take down of all equipment for the day’s events
- Assist in insuring a safe environment for participants
- Learn, apply, and enforce intramural sport rules.
- Enforce rules and policies of the CMS Recreational Sports Program
- Conduct pre-game captains’ meetings and communicate accordingly to all participants
- Control any disruptions occurring while games are in progress.
- Assess risk prior to games beginning
- Maintain a professional disposition and appearance when dealing with participants and employees
- Start all games on time when applicable
- Review all score sheets, game stats and sportsmanship ratings prior to submission
- Complete and submit necessary forms before the shift is over
Oversees all nightly and weekend intramural activities at all designated facilities, assists the Director of Recreational Sports in administering and implementing the program. This may include: office hours, coordinate programming as assigned, mediate participant disputes, assist in training of sports officials, monitor risk, act as first responder for all emergency situations including but not limited to CPR and First Aid, review all daily reports and forms after each is completed, and collaborate with employees to insure safe and fun environment for participants. The Supervisor will manage all sports with the assistance of officials and provide necessary information to employees and participants. Previous Intramural experience necessary, job specific training is provided. Evening and weekend hours required.
- One year of intramural official or game manager experience
- Good knowledge of intramural rules and policies
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Frequently supervise and evaluate officials and general managers
- Coordinate the set up and take down of all events
- Arrive in Clubhouse 45 minutes prior to shift to gather necessary materials for the day’s events and coordinate equipment set up on site.
- Act as First Responder to all emergency situations including but not limited to CPR and First Aid administration
- Insure safe environment for participants and employees
- Act as a resource for participants and employees during programs
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork at the end of each shift
- Assist in training officials and general managers
- Act professionally when dealing with employee and participant conflict
- Enforce all CMS Recreational Sports policies and procedures
- Attend all meetings and trainings
- Officiate when necessary
Under supervision of the Recreational Sports Coordinator and the Facility Operations Supervisor, the Facility Attendant performs general front line supervision, security, maintenance, and safety responsibilities for the building and ensures that patrons observe all applicable policies and rules.
- General front line customer service, supervision and evaluation of the entire facility.
- Be prepared to assist with opening or closing the facility during the posted hours of operation.
- Provide quality customer service, including but not limited to:
— Welcoming and provide assistance to all patrons
— Manage all approved patron access to the facilities and its amenities.
— Answering facility and program related questions
— Issue sports equipment to patrons with a valid ID
— Assist in setting up for sports activities (i.e. volleyball, badminton, basketball, etc.)
— Provide safe and effective instruction of all fitness equipment
— Offer useful and safe advice/orientations to individuals regarding their exercise program
- General Cleaning and Maintenance of the facility including but not limited to:
— Inspect all facilities and equipment for health or safety hazards
— Maintain daily inspection logs for equipment, restrooms, and activity areas
— Place equipment and/or activity areas out of service when necessary
— Ensure that each activity area is properly set up to accommodate scheduled activity
— Ensure that all equipment is properly taken down and stored after use
- Supervise all activity areas within the facility, Including but not limited to:
— Perform “rounds” of the facility: checking doors, alarms and locks, enforcing building policy, and noting and reporting areas of damage or possible problems in the facility
— Ensure that injured patrons are attended to and reported on per established procedures
— Assist the Supervisor in providing first aid care and basic life support when needed
— Act as liaison with emergency medical service personnel
— Provide supervision in and report on all behavioral control incidents
— Act as a liaison with campus safety
— Arbitrate disagreements between individuals or groups as needed and notify the Supervisor
- Prepare reports concerning activity which has occurred during the shift. Reports may include room usage counts, event evaluation; behavior problems; personnel problems; deficiencies in building maintenance, cleanliness, security, or any unusual occurrences during the shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Recreational Sports Coordinator and the Facility Operations Supervisors
Under supervision of the Director of Recreation and the Recreational Sports Coordinator, the Facility Operations Supervisor carries the most responsibility of all of our hourly employee positions. The Supervisors are responsible for the overall supervision, security, maintenance, and risk management responsibilities for all facilities under Campus Recreation:
Must ensure that patrons observe all applicable policies and rules. Responsible for opening the facility on time each day as assigned, closing each night and ensuring a fun, safe and hazard-free environment for all patrons and fellow employees, during hours of operation.
- Serve as a resource by providing accurate and current information regarding recreation and campus-related programs and facilities. Organize all reports concerning activity which has occurred during the shift. Reports may include event evaluation; behavior problems; personnel problems; deficiencies in building.
- Coordinate daily facility operations that include supervision of participants and customer service representatives, assistance to intramural supervisors, equipment set up and strike, laundry, cleaning, hourly usage reports, and special events.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of other general assistance personnel assigned to the building operation. Such personnel may include Facility Attendants and other positions as necessary. Possess knowledge of their responsibilities and assign coverage to meet building/program/patron needs.
- Oversee all operations within each facility space during weeknights and weekends, including staff attendance, shift rotations, patron safety and security.
- Oversee all opening and closing procedures each day of the posted facility hours of operation.
- Inspect all building and equipment for health or safety hazards. Maintain and report all daily inspection logs for equipment, restrooms, and activity areas.
- Check for appropriate custodial services to all building activity areas and restrooms. Report all maintenance and custodial problems to the Director. Place equipment and/or activity areas out of service when necessary.
- Supervise all activity areas within the facility, including but not limited to:
— Monitoring the facility: checking doors, alarms and locks, enforcing building policy, and noting and reporting areas of damage or possible problems in the facility. This includes an inventory of all fitness and weight room equipment, maintenance logs and recommendations on necessary purchases.
— Communicate and consistently enforce campus, departmental, and facility policies and procedures with all users and co-workers; employ strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills with customer(s) when policies and/or procedures are violated.
— Coordinate emergency and evacuation procedures that include care for injured, initiation of emergency action plan, notification of appropriate campus authorities, and completion of paperwork. Ensure that all injured patrons are attended to and reported on per established procedures. Provide first aid care and basic life support when needed. Manage all follow-up on any injured patrons. Maintain current certification in first aid and adult CPR/ AED. Act as primary contact person with emergency medical service personnel.