Q & A with Jennifer Ringoen
At the beginning of the season cmsathletics.com asked all player to answer a few FAQs about who they are and what they would like all of you to know about them... today we want to turn our focus to fourth year player Jennifer Ringoen, also known as "LJ"
In her second year as a captain, LJ conitunes to show great skills as a basketball player as well as leader- on and off the court.
1. What is the perfect meal to eat for you?
Sushi. I especially have a weakness for spicy tuna.
2. If you were on a deserted island and could only bring three things what
would they be?
My iPhone, a deck of cards, and my stuffed animal polar bear, "Gretchen"
3. What is the favorite class you've taken at CMS?
Introduction to Accounting, Professor Massoud
4. Who are your favorite professors?
There are too many to list, but I think my all-time favorite was Prof. Martinez.
5. What do you want to do after basketball?
As of now, I plan on starting my career in University Development, then eventually attending graduate school. Oh, and maybe join a gym.
6. Where is your favorite place to play basketball?
My high school courts. They were brand new when I started high school.
7. What is your favorite television show?
Modern Family, closely followed by Law & Order: SVU
8. Where is your favorite place to study?
The library café (close proximity to snackage)
9. What is your favorite thing to do on an off day?
See a movie in the village, go to the beach, or bronze while I pretend to do homework at Scripps pool
10. Do you have any role models?
11. If you could have a super power, what would it be? What would you use
I would want the ability to speak and write all languages fluently. It's so rewarding to be able to communicate with people of different cultures and hear their stories. Language barriers are just missed opportunities.
12. What other sports did you play growing up?
Soccer and golf mainly, but also baseball, volleyball, tennis… I've pretty much tried everything at least once
13. Where is your favorite place to eat in Claremont?
Aruffo's, the best Italian restaurant in the village. Order the meat lasagna (great bread, too).
14. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
San Francisco, CA
15. What was the last song you uploaded to your iPod?
"Babylon" by David Gray
16. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Football or basketball (depending on the season)
17. I've always wanted to...?
Dunk (preferably from a no-look alley-oop by Aria Krumwiede).
18. What is one thing about you that most people do not know...until now?
I played competitive golf before coming to CMC.
19. Is there a motto that you live by?
"Let it be"
20. What is your goal this season?
Definitely to help my team win SCIACS.
21. What are your views on leadership?
Leaders are made, not born. We should all strive to reach our leadership potential by influencing others through positive actions. As Coach Burton always says, "how you act on the court reveals your true character."
22. What are your hobbies outside of basketball?
Meeting interesting people, traveling, reading, eating carbs.
Favorite current song:
Will always be "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman
Last meal on the planet:
Favorite website besides Facebook:
Favorite quality about yourself:
My long arms are very useful for reaching high up places and packing people, so I'd have to go with that.
If you could travel anyplace on earth:
I plan on traveling to Southeast Asia as soon as I can, including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Bali (Indonesia)
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
Why did you choose your jersey number:
The first time I wore number 11, a teammate started calling me "Sticks" and it seemed fitting, so I stuck with it.
LJ (Lefty Jen)