- Greetings CMS Athletics Community,
Athenas and Stags are resilient and passionate in their endeavors. When confronted with challenges, Stags and Athenas consistently persevere and overcome obstacles to attain excellence, whether it’s sinking a 15-foot putt in a playoff to win the National Championship, passing a tough exam, or excelling in a job interview.
As I reflect back on a tremendous academic and athletic year for Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, I continue to be amazed at what CMS scholar-leader-athletes, coaches, and staff continue to accomplish in elevating the program.
The latest installment of the CMS Athletics Newsletter highlights some of the exceptional accomplishments and events from the second half of the school year. Here are just a few:
- Women’s golf and women’s tennis both won NCAA Division III National Championships this spring.
- CMS placed third in the Learfield Directors' Cup and is again one of D-III’s top overall programs.
- Four Athenas won individual National Championships this spring.
- The Athenas placed fourth at the NCAA Track & Field Championships for their highest finish ever.
- CMS claimed its 10th-straight SCIAC All-Sports Trophy.
- Three student-athletes were selected as Academic All-Americans in the spring.
Our advancement as a program is a result of the passion, perseverance, and commitment year-in and year-out from hundreds of student-athletes, coaches, staff, faculty members, alumni, parents, and friends. I sincerely thank you for your dedication to CMS Athletics. All of you are key to our success.
Director of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation and
William B. Arce and George R. Roberts Fellow Instructor of Physical Education