CLAREMONT, Calif. - The Claremont-Mudd-Scripps men's and women's track and field teams both swept SCIAC Championships on Saturday and Sunday at Burns Track Complex, with the women edging Redlands by three points and the men running away from the pack to defeat Pomona-Pitzer by 40 points.
We put together some video clips of some of the top moments of the two-day event, as the Stags and Athenas combined to win 10 of the 40 individual events. Our montage includes:
- Jacque Desmond becoming the first women's pole vaulter in SCIAC history to clear 13 feet
- Walker Quinn making it a CMS sweep in the pole vault, clearing 15'7.25" to take first place
- Alex McDonald pulling away in the homestretch to win the 400 hurdles in 53.10 to tie for second in CMS history
- Abigale Johnson similarly pulling away to win the 1500 in her first of three Sunday finals
- Miles Christensen winning the 5K on an exciting final lap, as Pomona-Pitzer All-American Andy Reischling made a move to pull away, and then Christensen answered and flew past him
- Matthew Sill and Reese Peterson throwing the discus, where they finished 1-2, a day after going 1-2 in the hammer
- Reese Peterson getting his personal championship after two runner-up finishes to Sill, reacting to his winning throw in the shot put
- Maxwell Knowles reacting to his 199-foot throw to win the javelin, before being joined by Jordan Venglass and Connor Schulz on the podium as the Stags went 1-2-3
- Jamie Cockburn anchoring the 4x400 relay to victory in the final event of the championship
- Stags and Athenas celebrating!
- Brief closing comments from Reese Peterson
Click above to view, or head straight to our YouTube page: